Thursday, August 4, 2016

New Beginnings...

It has been so long since I've written! I've had two and a half years full of craziness in my life.

I graduated, started graduate school, got married, taught in a few different positions, and moved three times!

After graduating in January 2014, I moved to Quakertown, PA where I substitute taught and started attending West Chester University (online) to gain my Teaching Certificate and Master's Degree in Special Education. I eventually was hired for a 3rd grade long-term substitute position for a couple of months. On August 8, 2015 we were married and then moved to Rochester, NY. I was a building substitute at a wonderful middle school in Spencerport, NY for the entire year. I was blessed with an amazingly supportive administration, staff, and students at that school and will forever be grateful for all of the experiences and growth I went through there.

This May, my husband commissioned into the Army as a Second Lieutenant and we moved to Columbus, GA (outside of Fort Benning) in June. This year I will be teaching 7th grade mathematics at a local middle school. I am teaching two compacted 7th/8th grade math classes, two 7th grade magnet math classes, and one 7th grade traditional math class. The past couple of weeks I have been busy moving into my classroom and getting ready for the school year. The teachers all went back to school on August 1 and we officially start school with our students in a few days! August 8, 2016 will not only be my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY (!!!), but will also be my first day teaching in my VERY OWN classroom!! Talk about a BIG DAY!

If you would have asked me my "dream job" growing up, I would have told you it was to be a 7th grade mathematics teacher. I am ecstatic that I get to live out my dream job this year and look forward to getting back on track with this blog and updating it with all of the new things I am sure I will experience this school year.

~~Talk soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment