Tuesday, August 9, 2016

First Day

The first day of school went off without any complications....said no teacher, ever.

Of course, that is just the nature of the first day of school. From a last minute schedule change for our class periods, to students showing up the morning of the first day to register, to lunches being held late and going into our team planning time, the first day was full of challenges for a first-year teacher. I started out energetic and hopeful that things would go smoothly. I quickly realized that this was not what the first day had in store for me. While the day was not bad by any means, it was simply chaotic and somewhat exhausting. I enjoyed getting to know my students and the quick faculty meeting after school with our new principal to "debrief", but I was overjoyed when it was time to go home.

I got home, crashed on the couch, asked my husband if we could do take out for dinner, and watched our wedding ceremony video to celebrate our anniversary.

Too little sleep and not enough coffee later, I'm back at my desk, ready to roll with another day, surprisingly actually excited to see my kiddos again!

No comments:

Post a Comment